Education and Training
New User Meetings
New users to HPC are highly encouraged to sign up for a short, introductory meeting that includes a presentation and discussion about HPC resources and getting started with your research.
Summer 2017 workshops on the University Park campus will meet on Fridays in Verna and Peter Dauterive Hall (VPD), room 106. Workshops at the Health Sciences campus will resume in the fall.
Participants are encouraged to bring laptops to participate in the hands-on activities. You will need an active HPC account to participate.
NOTE: A minimum of four attendees is required to hold a workshop.
Summer 2017 Workshops
- June 2, 9:30 a.m. – noon: Introduction to Linux, PBS, and HPC
- June 2, 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.: Introduction to HPC Cluster Computing
- June 9, 9:30 a.m. – noon: Advanced Topics in HPC (Data Management, Job Optimization, MPI, GPU)
- June 9, 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.: Installing Software on HPC (Compiling & Linking, Python/R Packages)
- June 16, 9:30 a.m. – noon: Running Pegasus Workflows on the HPC Cluster
- June 16, 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.: Running Parallel Matlab on the HPC Cluster
- Workshops will resume in the fall
New workshops will be posted each month. In-depth workshop descriptions can be found at hpcc.usc.edu/support/hpcc-computing-workshops.