Office Hours and Consultations
The Center for High-Performance Computing (HPC) offers drop-in office hours and consultations by appointment with its research and education facilitators. Classroom presentations, hands-on workshops, and new faculty presentations may also be scheduled.
Office hours are an opportunity for HPC users to ask questions about anything HPC-related. No appointments are necessary. All levels of users and questions are welcomed. Office hours are held weekly at the University Park campus (UPC) and twice a month at the Health Sciences campus (HSC).
- Day: Every Tuesday
- Time: 2:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Location: LVL 3M (Leavey Library, Lower Level)
Due to January’s MLK holiday and February’s President’s Day holiday, office hours at HSC will be held at the following times in January and February (all on Monday).
- January 9, 2:30–5:00 p.m.
- January 23, 2:30–5:00 p.m.
- February 6, 2:30–5:00 p.m.
- February 13, 2:30–5:00 p.m.
All HSC office hours will be held at the Norris Medical Library (NML), Room 203 (Bioinformatics Consultation Center).
NOTE: Any changes to this schedule will be announced on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
Consultations outside of the regularly scheduled office hours are available and recommended for:
- New condo owners, research groups, and instructors who wish to explore HPC use.
- HPC users who have a complex and/or time-critical problem that is best resolved with a face-to-face meeting.
- Users who cannot attend the regularly scheduled office hours.
Please email email@example.com to speak with a research and education facilitator to schedule a consultation at your office or lab. Virtual conferences and in-house meetings at HPC – sometimes the quickest way to reach us – are also possible.