Describing Your Problem
When you send HPC staff an email or submit a request through our ticketing system, it’s important to provide the detailed information that will help us understand your problem and find the right solutions. This will save you time.
Include All Job Information
If you are trying to run a job, please include the following information:
- Job ID
- Lines from your Slurm file or job submission request
- Any of the following that may be related to your problem:
- Error messages
- Slurm output or error files
- Portions of your code, for example, any libraries you install or import
Include Observations about Job Runs
Finally, please tell us if there are inconsistencies, such as:
- Did some jobs run on some nodes but not on others?
- Is the behaviour reproducible or erratic?
- Has the behavior you’re experiencing changed recently? When?
If You are Installing Software
If you are trying to use or install software, please include:
- Name and version of the software
- Commands that give you an error
- Any error messages you receive
- A link to the website or github repository you installed the software from
- A link to the installation directions