Accessing the HPC Application Website
Occasionally, you may encounter issues accessing the HPC application website. The following information will assist you with the majority of the potential access issues.
- Access to https://hpc-web.usc.edu/projects/ is only possible from a USC IP address. To ensure that you are able to access the site, use USC’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) in the following cases:
- When you are connecting to hpc-web.usc.edu from a non-USC IP address (e.g., your home wired or wireless network).
- When connecting through USC Secure Wireless fails (e.g., if the browser tries but cannot connect to hpc-web.usc.edu).
For information on accessing the USC’s Virtual Private Network (VPN), see the VPN Overview page on the ITS website. You can download Cisco’s AnyConnect client (recommended) from this site.
- Access to the application page requires you to log in via Shibboleth. When you go to https://hpc-web.usc.edu/projects/, you will need to enter your USC NetID and your USC NetID password. Your USC NetID is used to connect to services such as Workday and my.usc.edu.
- Note: Affiliates with iVIP accounts will not be able to access the application page as they are not eligible to apply for their own HPC account; however, they may be added as a member to an existing project account.
If you need additional help, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.